Ukraine’s President Petro Poroshenko says he accepts that pro-Russian rebels have withdrawn a “significant” amount of heavy weaponry from the front-lines in the east.
Speaking in a televised interview, he also said that government forces had withdrawn the lion’s share of their rocket and heavy artillery systems.
But Poroshenko added that 64 Ukrainian servicemen had been killed since the latest ceasefire was meant to come into force on February 15.
Fighting has reduced considerably, but there …
READ MORE :
What are the top stories today? Click to watch:
euronews: the most watched news channel in Europe
euronews is available in 14 languages: