Subscribe Channel For More Videos:
Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson has announced that the Royal Navy is to shuffle the home bases of its Type 23 frigates.
The move will see Portsmouth Naval Base host one less frigate, with Devonport gaining the extra ship in moves which will take place over five years from 2018.
The shake-up will mean that Devonport will be home to the Navy’s eight anti-submarine warfare frigates, while the five general purpose frigates will be based in Portsmouth.
Rear Admiral Chris Gardner, Assistant Chief of Naval Staff (Ships), said: “This move will bring benefits to the whole fleet of Type 23 frigates, bringing ships of the same purpose together in one place.
1. Senators Are Finally Funding A Design Study For A New Light Aircraft Carrier:
2. The Curious Case Of Germany’s Massive New But Relatively Toothless Type 125 Frigates:
3. What kind of firepower will the Type 26 ‘City class’ Frigate have?:
4. Germany Could Arm Europe with Some Truly Super Submarines:
5. Who would win in a fight – HMS Queen Elizabeth or Putin’s flagship Admiral Kuznetsov: