Kim’s Disaster: North Korean Nuclear Base Collapses, Killing at Least 200 People
Information emerging from furtive North Korea indicates that a tunnel at the regime’s nuclear test site collapsed last month after a nuclear test, killing about 200 people.
A report from Japanese broadcaster TV Asahi, citing unnamed sources, said 100 people were killed in an initial collapse around Sept. 10, and another 100 died in a rescue operation.
Other reports put the date of the collapse as Oct. 10. No official North Korean announcement was made about the date of the collapse.
North Korea’s massive Sept. 3 test caused multiple tremors and landslides in the region, according to Reuters.
Even before news of the tunnel collapse emerged, Western analysts had said the region might be unfit for more nuclear tests.
Reports that a tunnel collapsed triggered fears that radioactive material might also leak out.
Nam Jae-cheol, the chief of South Korea’s Korea Meteorological Administration, on Monday said some type of collapse was likely.
Based on our analysis of satellite imagery, we judge that there is a hollow space, which measures about 60 to 100 meters (in length), at the bottom of Mount Mantap in the Punggye-ri site,” he said. “So, should another nuke test occur, there is the possibility (of a collapse).”
THANKS FOR WATCHING MY CHANNEL LASTEST NEWS GLOBAL