1. Boston Dynamics, a subsidiary of Google, has unveiled a new robot dog named Spot on YouTube that is going as viral as its quadruped forebearers.
2. Two K5 security robots have been placed on patrol in a parking lot in Silicon Valley. The robots rove throughout a designated perimeter, navigate around people and things in their paths, and record activity and sounds by shooting live videos.
3. Twenty-three-year-old Colombian designer Adrian Perez Zapata designed a home-cleaning system that has won the top prize at the Electrolux Design Lab competition. According to Zapata, his design was inspired by the controlled flight of bees.
4. The U.S. Navy’s new robot shark, called GhostSwimmer, is 5 feet long and weighs about 100 pounds, making it about the size of an albacore tuna, according to Wired. The robot uses its tail for propulsion. Because it looks and moves like a real fish, the GhostSwimmer is hard to spot and thus ideally suited for surveillance missions
5. Researchers at the University of California at Berkeley are developing shape-shifting robots for space exploration.
Be sure to subscribe to TomoNews for more of the craziest news stories from around the world.
For news that’s fun and never boring, visit our channel:
Subscribe to stay updated on all the top stories:
Visit our website for all the latest, uncensored videos:
Check out our Android app:
Check out our iOS app:
Stay connected with us here: